I'm best known for my photo-based work interrogating how societies express themselves through their built environments, and how that expression, once manifested, persists and changes through time.
My practice gives strong consideration to the relationship between intent, process, and visual outcomes.
Originally a professional musician, audio engineer and internationally acclaimed recording artist, my photo focus evolved out of creating album covers and promotional photos for myself, and other sound artists.
I have a B.A. in English (University of Calgary), an M.A. in Media Production (University of Westminster), and an LL.B. (University of London), and live in Vancouver’s East Village.
- “Vancouver Old—New”, 2018, Capture Photography Festival, Vancouver
- ‘Project Instant 5.0 – Telling Stories’ (group), 2018, Capture Photography Festival, Vancouver, Canada‘
- Project Instant 4.0 – Retro Gratification’ (group), 2017, Capture Photography Festival, Vancouver, Canada
- ‘Open’ (group), 2013, Calgary, Canada
- ‘New Vintage Vernacular Letters’ (group), 2012, Mota Italic Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 'Versatile' (solo), 2012, The Artery, Edmonton, Canada
- ‘Photos 2011’ (group), Kaasa Gallery, Edmonton, Canada
- ‘Diversity’ (group), 2010 VAAA Gallery / The Works, Edmonton, Canada
- ‘refracted landscape’ (group), 2010, Gallery Forward, UK
- ‘untitled’ (group), 2010, Gallery Forward, UK
- ‘ideas of landscape’ (group), 2009, 3 Bedfordbury Gallery, London, UK
- ‘Is the Future Analogue? Film Photography In 2018’, 2018 (panel moderator), Capture Photography Festival, 2018
- ‘Zine Culture Clash: Punk vs. White Cube’ (mixed media installation & panel moderator), 2017, Vancouver Art Book Fair Monthly Open Studio, Vancouver, Canada
- 'Why Analog Photography Matters As Art As Never Before’ (panel moderator), 2017, Work Place, Vancouver, Canada
- ‘Presenting the Photobook: McCauley Then & Now’ (Pecha Kucha presentation), 2013, PKN 16, Edmonton, Canada
- ‘Photographs Create Our Collective Visual Idea of Place’ – Pecha Kucha presentation, 2010 (PKN 7, Edmonton, Canada)
- 2017 – Best in Show, ‘Project Instant’, Capture Photo Festival, Vancouver, Canada
- 2015 – Honourable Mention, Mobile Photography Awards
- 2009 – National Magazine Award (Nomination), for ‘UnCalgary’ photo essay
- Vancouver Old—New (Photobook, 2018)
- McCauley – Then & Now (Photobook, 2013)
- UnCalgary (Serialized Photo Essay, Beatroute, 2007-2008)